If you try to find information on the web, you will definitely stumble upon a blog that would satisfy your curiosity. Blogs are a great way to share information and learn new ones. It is a shortened term curtailed from the word “weblog.” Published on the world wide web, blogs are short or long narratives of discussion or information about a topic. Combining text, images, and videos, it can either stand alone as a blogging website or a section of your organization or business website.
What to Put in Your Blog
In the past, people used blogs like a journal. Through it, they share their stories and express their opinions. Later on, blog sites have become an effective tool to expand your reach. Whether your website is established for a business, an organization, or a personal cause, a blog is an important section that you should include to achieve your goals.
Your Brand Voice
Your weblog serves as a stage to showcase your brand. By making regular entries, you get to voice out your views, causes, and bases you are undertaking. When people visit your website and read your blog, they get to know who you are and what you stand for. Your audience understands what you can offer them.
What Your Customers Need
A blog is a meaningful way to serve your customers. By providing informational materials in this section of your website, especially relevant to the services or products you offer, your readers learn and become more educated. It enables them to have a sound judgment before taking action.
Post-purchase, your customers will certainly appreciate it if you produce material further on other pertinent topics such as how to use the product, how to maintain it, or how they can expand the service. For example, if you offer beauty products and services, articles on skincare routines are an excellent supplement for your audience.
Images and Videos
Your blog is the perfect place to show actual photos and videos of your products, services, and events in your company or project. These non-text content will keep your blog entertaining, engaging, and educational. Aside from being visually appealing, adding images and videos to your text improves your readers’ comprehension.
How Blogs Help Your Business
According to research, business-to-business (B2B) marketers who use blogs get 67% leads more than those who do not. When done right, business-to-consumer (B2C) marketers benefit from a 14.6% average conversion rate from creating high-quality and relevant content. These become achievable because a blog:
Initiates a Conversation or Discussion
One of the standard features of blog sites is the comments section. Putting a blog entry on your website is a powerful means to start a conversation regarding a topic. It is an excellent practice to include questions in your content. But whether you do or not, it encourages your audience to share their thoughts and feedback. Keep the conversation going and answer their questions. You might also get some good ideas and some great suggestions to improve your brand.
Builds your Credibility
A website with high-quality material and valuable content give your readers a sense that you are the expert in your field. They will keep coming back because they consider you a trusted source in the industry. Frequently finding helpful materials from your blog, they will see that you care more than just selling a product or a service. Your blog is a valuable means to prove your credibility and increase sales.
Drives Traffic to your Website
Search Engine Optimization or SEO is the process of enhancing your site to upturn its visibility every time people make a Google search (or any search engine) for products or services related to your business or organization. Blogging is a fantastic way to increase your SEO and drive traffic to your website.
The more entries you have on your blog, the more path it will take for search engines to crawl and index. It means that the search engines will recognize your site as an extensive information resource. Your content will have more chances to rank and get accessed by many people.
Another win that blogging drives home is that it is shareable content. When you, your employees, and their connections share your content, it broadens the possibilities for your website. It expands your reach and raises your visitor count, which could later mean higher conversion rates. Studies show that websites with a blog get 97% more links to their sites from other online platforms.
Write Blogs That Rank
SEO writing is the process of creating content that will rank on the first page of search engines like Google. How this is done is listed below:
- Start with a keyword search. These are the specific words or phrases your potential audiences are searching for.
- Use keywords in your headers and sub-headers. Ensure that they reflect the content of your blog.
- Remember to write for humans – actual people who will read the blog – rather than for search engines.
- Always add a brief but compelling meta description and ensure that one or a couple of your keywords are mentioned.
- Add alt text to images, and again, make sure to incorporate your keywords. It adds an area for SEO crawlers and complements your image with a narrative.
- Find the natural flow whenever you use your keywords. Don’t oversaturate your material or make it too overbearing for your readers.
- Include featured snippets in your content. These are the most direct answers to search queries. When SEO crawlers spot these, they feature them in response to a search question.
- Mention an external link, ideally to an influential website. Doing this backs the content of your material from a reputable source. You also offer your readers additional material to read.
- Refer to an internal link to another page or another article on your website. It gives the search engines and your audience a tour of the other places on your website.
- Write a long post, but make it easy to read. Do this by using a lot of white spaces, headings, sub-headings, and bullets. It will keep your readers engaged. Search engines also prefer longer and more in-depth posts.
Agile Development offers website building and upgrading services. We can help you increase your website traffic through blogs and other means. Visit our website at agiledev.org to know more about our services and how these can help you.