A mobile-friendly website is more important now more than ever. If you’re not sure about the mobile-friendliness of your website, you’ve come to the right place. In this article, we will talk about how to make your website mobile-friendly to help you attract more clients and increase website traffic.
Nowadays, a lot of businesses use the internet to promote their different services and products to a wider audience. If you are a business owner, one of the first things to consider about your website is its mobile-friendliness. This is because of the importance of mobile tech to today’s online world.
What is a Mobile-Friendly Website?
A mobile-friendly website can be considered as such when it is capable of being viewed on a smaller mobile screen with no transition problems. When a website is optimized for mobile devices, any online user who uses their mobile device to browse this website will be able to read all the website’s content and navigate the website without any difficulty. Mobile-friendly content means the text is readable, the links are easy to access and site navigation is effortless. This provides an overall positive user experience, which is what users want.
Why is a Mobile-Friendly Website Important?
One of the main reasons for the demand for mobile-friendly sites is the fact that mobile users now make up more than half of all online users today. The drastic increase of mobile users has led to the scramble for the demand for mobile-friendly technology. If you want your site to succeed, then you need to make sure that you keep up.
Google rolled out an update on their search algorithm on April 21, 2015, where mobile-friendly websites are given more preference in search engine results. Website owners are urged to improve their websites and provide a user-friendly experience for their users.
When your website is mobile-friendly, it can help improve the ranking of your website on search engine results. More online users will see your content and you can promote your services and products to a wider audience.
What are the Advantages of Having a Mobile-Friendly Website?
- Improves website traffic
- User-friendly experience and easy access for clients
- Increases conversion rates
- Faster load times
- Increases customer loyalty
- Customers can access and read the site’s content easily
- Users can navigate the different parts of the site with ease
- Website is pleasing to look at and it helps improve the user’s experience
- Helps improve the SEO of the website
- Improves the website’s ranking on Google search results
How To Make Your Website Mobile Friendly
- Establish a responsive website – A responsive website means that the display and layout of the page adapt to the size of the screen of the device the user is using.
- Provide content that is easy to locate – A mobile friendly website prioritizes information and displays it so the users can easily locate it. Navigation and other important information must be easy to locate on a mobile screen. You must take note that mobile devices are smaller in size compared to a desktop or a computer screen.
- Use easy to read fonts – A mobile friendly website uses fonts that can be read easily even on smaller screens.
- Design call to action buttons and make them larger – Most users use their thumbs when clicking buttons. A button must be large enough so they can easily tap on it on the mobile screen.
- Compress the images and other files – A mobile friendly website should load quickly. Website speed is important, so make sure to consider the size of the images, videos, and other files because it can affect the loading speed of your website.
- Test your website if it is mobile friendly – Make sure that you test out all aspects of your site to guarantee its mobile-friendliness. You can also use Google’s mobile-friendly testing tool to check your website. If your website does not pass, you must hire a trusted developer like Agile Development to fully optimize your website and make it mobile-friendly.
Avoid the Following Mistakes When Making Your Website Mobile-Friendly:
- The text, links, and other content on the website page are too small and can be difficult to navigate and scroll to see all the content.
- Mobile pages that are slow to load.
- Incorrectly linking mobile users to desktop URLs.
- Click-through pages that can be quite annoying to some mobile users.
- Call to action buttons are too large and may take up the whole screen of the mobile device.
- Using too many pop-ups (It can be quite annoying and frustrating for mobile users).
Are you wondering if your website is mobile friendly? If you are searching for a company that will help you make your website mobile-friendly, Agile Development is the perfect choice for you. We provide website design, web development, and SEO optimization among other web services for our clients.
We have more than 12 years of experience in the industry and we have worked with a lot of clients. We were able to complete a lot of projects and provide one hundred percent customer satisfaction. What are you waiting for? Contact us today by giving us a call at (385) 685-0642 or send us an email at email@example.com. Please let us know how we can help you and your website. You can request a free quote and site analysis. We look forward to hearing from you today!